I have started working on Codeforgeek version 5. This would be biggest update in the existence of the site. I am focusing on making the Codeforgeek as a platform to learn, consume, teach and grow various topics such as Coding, technology, blogging, How to guides etc.
So far Codeforgeek has been my personal journal of programming. I used to jot down the problems I solved in a presentable manner so that others around the globe may find it useful.
This strategy worked out great and Codeforgeek stands out in the very crowded space of coding and technology sites as authentic and useful website.
In this upgrade, I am going to extend the portfolio or niche of the website. From personal coding notes to technology (includes coding) platform.
Here is my proposed feature and plan:
- Expanding the niche.
- Main categories would be Code, technology, blogging, productivity, soft skills.
- In Code, we will cover tutorials, blogs as it is going with more topics such as Server technology, blockchain, basics of various programming languages etc.
- In technology part, we will cover tips and tricks, new devices and their review, futuristic tech and so on.
- In blogging category, we will cover about how to blog and make your own brand which I recommend to every working professional.
- In productivity, we will cover tips and tricks and tools to be more productive version of yourself.
- In soft skills, we will cover various skills other than tech which are as important (or may be more in some cases) as coding or other skills.
I am also going to re-design the site and make it more dynamic to suit the needs.
We are also going to start four major things in Codeforgeek:
- Courses – in detail courses on various topics.
- Podcast – about coding, tech and future tech.
- Job – Companies can post a job for free.
- Contributor platform – Anyone with right skills can contribute to the platform.
The whole re-design and deployment of site may take about a month or so. I will keep you updated.